Update: January 7
|Menorah Park COVID-19 Status – Updated January 7, 2021||Status|
|JH Residents ONSITE testing positive for COVID-19 and moved to dedicated COVID unit||4|
|JH Residents tested positive for COVID-19 and transferred to outside facilities||0|
|JH Residents ONSITE RECOVERED and transferred off of the dedicated COVID-19 unit||4|
|Number of nursing units impacted||0|
|JH Residents ONSITE under investigation for COVID-19 symptoms||0|
|Resident deaths on dedicated COVID unit after testing positive||2|
|JH staff members ONSITE testing positive for COVID-19||0|
|Staff members positive for COVID-19, SELF-QUARANTINED||8|
|Total # of resident positive COVID 19 cases (as of November 20)||10|
|Total # of staff positive COVID-19 cases ( as of November 8)||23|
We are saddened to report that yesterday afternoon, we lost another resident to COVID. The resident had been recently transferred to our dedicated COVID unit.
Additional Staff Positives
As of yesterday afternoon, we have three staff members who have tested positive for COVID-19. The staff members are at home self-quarantining.
We continue to do everything we can to prevent the spread of COVID throughout our facility including:
- Full-time staff tested twice a week, part-time staff, once a week
- Residents restricted to their floors; enforced social distancing and masks in common areas
- Ongoing staff education and reinforcement of proper use of PPE, handwashing, and wearing masks.
Second Vaccination Clinic for Jewish Home, Tuesday, January 12
HealthDirect, our partner, in the Federal Vaccination Program, will be at our facility on Tuesday, January 12 to continue to administer the COVID-19 vaccination. This second clinic will provide the opportunity for residents to receive either their first or second dose of the vaccine.
- Residents who participated in the clinic on December 22 will automatically be registered and scheduled for their second dose on January 12, unless you decide to opt out of dose #2. If you wish to opt out, please notify your nurse manager.
- Residents who did not participate in the December 22 clinic AND provided a verbal declination to our nursing staff in regard to the Vaccination Program, require no further action.
- Residents who did not participate in the December 22 clinic, but wish to receive dose #1 of the vaccination are required to have a consent form. Please email a completed form (attached) by Monday, January 11 to: CStevenson@menorahparkofcny.com
- Residents who receive dose #1 on January 12, will receive dose #2 on February 2, 2021 when HealthDirect returns to our facility.
Please direct any questions regarding the vaccination deployment to your nurse manager or Courtney Stevenson, Assistant Director of Nursing at CStevenson@menorahparkofcny.com
As part of NYSDOH’s Phase 1, we are in the process of finalizing the deployment plan and will begin vaccinating Inn staff and residents in the coming weeks. We will share the information once we have more specifics.
SJFS will continue to work with families to assist with video chats or phone calls to the best of their ability. They can also help you to determine how best to make the most of the virtual visit ( i.e. coordinating with 2 or 3 family members for one call or having a 1:1 call with your loved one.) Please contact your assigned SJFS staff person; if you do not have an assignment, contact Ellen Somers, Asst. Director at (315) 446-9111, ext. 225 or via email at email@example.com
Family Visitation of Resident Who Is Actively Dying or Deceased
Our policy applies to any resident who has been designated by the Menorah Park medical staff as being in an actively dying stage.
- 9 am to 9 pm – 7 days a week for actively dying residents
- Only 2 family members are permitted at one time so any additional family must wait outside (outdoors or in-car) for their turn.
- All visitors must complete the screening process and have their temperature taken.
- They DO NOT need to provide a negative COVID test result.
- Once they enter the facility, following the screening, they are to go directly to the resident’s room and remain in the room until they leave the facility.
- They are not permitted to be in shared spaces ( common areas, dining rooms, or other residents’ rooms, etc.)
- They are required to wear a mask over their nose and mouth at all times
- Under 18 allowed accompanied by an adult over 18.
Dropping Items Off for Residents
Families are still welcome to drop off items for their loved ones at our main entrance.
Questions Regarding Resident Care
If you have clinical questions regarding the care of your loved one, please contact your nurse manager.
For non-clinical questions and concerns, please contact your assigned caseworker.
The team is as follows:
Gillian Riggall, MSW
Days: Monday, Thursday, and Fridays – NOTE: Tuesdays and Wednesdays – Gillian continues to work in client services at SJFS
Phone: 315-446-9111, ext. 124*
*This extension is being monitored by the case management team. If you have not received a response within 24-48 hours, please call the front desk and ask them to connect you with case management.
- 1st Floor & Short Term Rehab
(315) 446-9111, x118
- 2nd Floor
(315) 446-9111., x124