Update: November 18
Jewish Home and Inn Visits Suspended until Wednesday, December 2nd.
As of this morning, we have another confirmed COVID-positive staff member. The staff member was not in contact with any residents and is currently at home, self-quarantining.
We continue to monitor all residents and staff for signs and symptoms, along with weekly testing, ongoing staff education and increased cleaning and infection prevention measures.
We understand how difficult and disappointing this is, especially as we go into the holiday. We pride ourselves on being one of the few skilled nursing/assisted living facilities in the region, that has managed to continue to provide safe, in-person visits for our residents and their loved ones. Please understand that keeping our residents and staff safe is our primary concern, and we appreciate your patience.
If you had a scheduled visit, you will be receiving an automatic email update. Please check your Trash/Spam folder.
We encourage you to use the online link to schedule visits from December 2 and on. We will continue to update you.
SJFS will continue to work with you to assist with video chats or phone calls to the best of their ability. They can also help you to determine how best to make the most of the virtual visit ( i.e. coordinating with 2 or 3 family members for one call or having a 1:1 call with your loved one.)
Please contact your assigned SJFS staff person; if you do not have an assignment, contact Ellen Somers, Asst. Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dropping Items Off for Residents
Families are still welcome to drop off items for their loved ones at our main entrance.
Questions Regarding Resident Care
If you have clinical questions regarding the care of your loved one, please contact your nurse manager.
For non-clinical questions and concerns, please contact your assigned caseworker. If you do not receive a return call within 24-48 hours, please contact our administrator, Michael Svendsen, at x133.
The team is as follows:
(315) 446-9111, x125
- 1st Floor & Short Term Rehab
(315) 446-9111, x118
- 2nd Floor
(315) 446-9111., x124
Community COVID Test Sits
- Oncenter (ONLY ASYMPTOMATIC) , 800 South State St., Syracuse
- Syracuse Community Health Center, 819 South Salina Street, Syracuse. https://www.schcny.com/?page_id=1497 – 9am-5pm – Monday through Friday
- Drive -Up Test.: https://myquest.questdiagnostics.com/web/mycovid19test
- Well Now Urgent Care: https://wellnow.com/covid-19/
- Drive Thru: 800 East Water Street – 315.464.2778, option 0 – Results within 24-48 hours.
- Walgreens in Mattydale: No cost rapid turnaround testing. Results within hours, guarantee 24-48 hours via email. https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/covid19/testing to do the screening for eligibility.