About The Oaks
Quiet, affordable senior housing
The Oaks at Menorah Park – offering independent living in a comfortable, secure setting.
Affordable, spacious senior apartments are set on beautifully landscaped grounds, where you’ll find superior services – including scheduled transportation and stimulating activities. If you’re an active adult who cherishes privacy and independence, The Oaks is the place for you.
Oaks senior housing residents have the reassurance of knowing that their needs can be met on our continuum-of-care campus. If you experience a change in health status, the clinical care team at Menorah Park is available to assist you and your family in transitioning to a more appropriate level of care, without having to leave campus.
Call (315) 449-3309, ext. 103 for more information or to schedule a private tour.
How We're Addressing COVID
Since the beginning of this pandemic, we have made our residents’, families’ and staffs’ health and safety our top priority. While independent living facilities are not required to adhere to the same guidelines that assisted living and skilled nursing must follow, here are some of the ongoing measures we’ve instated to prevent COVID cases at The Oaks:
- Screening ALL visitors for signs and symptoms and taking temperatures
- Limiting unessential vendors
- Hand sanitizer located throughout the commons area
- Socially-distanced seating in our formal dining room
- Masks are required at ALL TIMES by staff and residents in the common areas
- All family members are required to stay in the resident’s apartment or have a socially-distanced visit outside of the facility.
At the Oaks
• Dinner daily (Mon-Sat) with choice of menu – residents can choose to eat in our dining room socially distanced or in their apartments
• Sunday brunch
• Continental breakfast daily
• All utilities, including cable TV and WiFi
• Emergency pull-cords in each apartment for 24-hour peace of mind
• Multi-purpose rooms for socially distanced games, crafts, and lectures
• Monthly housekeeping
• Full kitchens
• Socially-distanced social hours
• Valet parking
• Snow and ice removal
• 24-hour building security
• Building and grounds maintenance
• Weekly transportation to grocery stores
• Scheduled transportation to shopping and appointments
Additional services available to residents
• Beauty salon/barbershop
• Lunch daily in Court Yard Café, with options available from The Bistro
• Pharmacy delivery
• Check cashing services
• Dry cleaning pickup and delivery
• Personal laundry service
• Additional housekeeping
• Transport to medical appointments ($5 within a 10-mile radius)
• Handyman services
Gary Carter, Chef
Gary has worked at Menorah Park for 31 years. He has been the chef at The Oaks for the past 5 years.
Gary started as a dishwasher at the Jewish Home and worked his way up to his current position. He learned to cook while working at a catering company and food truck.
His favorite food to make at home? Chili dogs!
Gary is a talented singer and has been with his band, the Brown Skin Band, as the lead singer for 15 years. When the pandemic restrictions lift, he is really looking forward to getting his band back together and performing in public again.
Gary’s cooking tip is not to be afraid when experimenting with dishes, just take your time!
(profile by Kara Hughes, Activities Director, The Oaks)
In-house activities & entertainment
It can be a challenge to balance safety with the benefits of engagement and activity. That’s why our dedicated activities team produces stimulating programming with our residents’ safety and well-being, top of mind. These include:
- Lectures on current events, local history, art, music, etc.
- Brain Games and trivia
- Exercise: chair yoga, Tai Chi, Zumba, strength & balance, movement- to music class and walking club
- Monthly visit by DeWitt Library
- Monthly themed luncheons & dinners
- A weekly social hour before dinner
- Nightly movies
- Resident birthday parties
- Wii game system
- Resident book club
- Resident council meetings
- Monthly nutrition talks
- Resident knitting club
Why Live Here?
Learn more from our residents
Why choose The Oaks? Hear directly from the people who call The Oaks their home. Learn more about our dynamic, accomplished residents who make this a true one-of-a-kind community.
Unit 231, is an affordable, two-bedroom, two-bath apartment offering plenty of light and the flexibility to make this space your own. Call Patricia at 315-449-3309, ext. 103 for pricing and a private tour.
One bedroom with den
Deluxe two bedroom / two baths
• Living room
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Modern safety features in all bathrooms
• Spacious closets
• Wall-to-wall carpeting
• Individually controlled heating & air conditioning
• Basic cable TV / WIFI
• Emergency call system includes:
Emergency response system
Pull cords in bedrooms and baths
Morning check-in system
Everything you need and more
• Elegant full-service dining room
• Private dining room for special occasions and parties
• Beautiful lounges
• Spectacular courtyard
• Scenic walking path
• Private mailboxes
• Social center / meeting room
• Movie room
• Fitness center
• Wellness program
• Recreation and social activities
• Parking for residents (valet parking is available for residents in inclement weather)
• Laundry lounges equipped with complimentary washers and dryers
• Back-up generator for the entire building
From formal dinners to a casual trip to the cafe.
Exceptionally delicious kosher cuisine is served every evening for dinner and Sunday brunch. Residents can choose to eat in our formal dining room or the privacy of their apartments . Lunch is served daily in our Courtyard Cafe. Please see our seasonal menu below, to get an idea of our formal and casual dining options.
Consider The Oaks for your next stage of life
The Oaks is an independent retirement community located on the beautiful Menorah Park Campus. We have one-bedroom, one-bedroom with den, and two-bedroom apartments – some are even available a la carte. Residents at The Oaks are active seniors that enjoy the convenience of having services like meals and housekeeping available to them.
All new residents are invited to meet with one of our campus nurses prior to admission to have a pre-admission discussion outlining basic health issues. The purpose of this discussion is to give us appropriate information that we can pass along in the event of a health-related emergency as well as to confirm that our new resident is safely able to maintain an independent lifestyle.