About Independent Living At The Oaks
Independent Living Senior Apartments in Syracuse, NY
Our senior apartments in Syracuse, NY offer true independent living. You choose what you want and when you want it. You’ll experience your life to the fullest in a warm and caring environment. In this very special community, you will find an atmosphere and resources designed to make the next years of your life comfortable and secure.
To learn more about our independent living and senior housing options, or to schedule an appointment…
Independent Living at The Oaks Offers Plenty To Do & Privacy, Too
The Oaks offers vibrant independent living with all the benefits of a retirement community. Elegant senior apartments are set on spacious, beautiful grounds, where you’ll find superior services – including scheduled transportation and stimulating activities. If you’re an active adult who cherishes privacy and independence, this is the place for you!
Independent Living in Syracuse, NY with Support When You Need It
We also give you and your family peace of mind, knowing that help is always available, because we all need a little support sometimes. The Oaks offers the best of both worlds: support when you need it, and the freedom for you to decide.
Oaks senior housing residents have the reassurance of knowing that their needs can be met on our continuum-of-care campus. If you experience a change in health status, the clinical care team at Menorah Park is available to assist you and your family in transitioning to a more appropriate level of care.
See Photos of Our Senior Apartments in Syracuse, NY Below
Menorah Park of CNY is the Best Choice for Senior Housing in Syracuse, NY
Menorah Park of CNY offers an unrivaled continuum of care. In addition to senior apartments in Syracuse, NY, Menorah Park also offers assisted living in Syracuse, NY.
Whether you or your loved one are looking for independent living and senior apartments in or near Syracuse, NY, or you need assisted living, Menorah Park of CNY offers the senior housing options that are the perfect fit for you and your family.
At the Oaks
• Dinner daily (Mon-Sat) with choice of menu
• Sunday brunch
• Continental breakfast daily
• All utilities, including cable TV and WiFi
• Emergency pull-cords in each apartment for 24-hour peace of mind
• Multi-purpose rooms for games, crafts, lectures
• Monthly housekeeping
• Full kitchens
• Social hours
• Valet parking
• Snow and ice removal
• 24-hour building security
• Building and grounds maintenance
• Weekly transportation to grocery stores
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, appointments and special events
Additional services available to residents
• Beauty salon / barber shop
• Lunch daily in Court Yard Café, with options available from The Bistro
• Pharmacy delivery
• Staples delivery to your door (juice, eggs, milk, bread)
• Check cashing services
• Room service available
• Dry cleaning pickup and delivery
• Personal laundry service
• Additional housekeeping
• Transport to medical appointments ($5 within 10-mile radius)
• Handyman services
In-house activities & entertainment
- Varied musicians & entertainers
- Lectures on local history, art, etc.
- Intergenerational involvement with students from Syracuse University and Elmcrest Children’s Center
- “Oak Clusters” current affairs discussion group
- Singing group
- Biweekly fitness class
- Exercise: chair yoga, Tai Chi, Zumba, strength & balance, movement to music class and walking club
- Monthly visit by DeWitt Library
- Monthly themed luncheons & dinners
- Weekly social hour before dinner
- Visits with therapy dogs
- Weekly movies
- New resident welcome tea
- Resident birthday parties
- Wii game system
- Resident book club
- Summer concert series
- Resident council meetings
- Monthly nutrition talks
- Local concerts / recitals
- Weekly lunch outings to various locations
- Luncheons & performances at JCC
- Museum visits
- Jewish Music & Cultural Festival
- Regional Market
- Local art galleries
- Apple orchard
- Transportation to religious services of your choice
- “Lunch & Learn”
- Monthly casino visit including Yellow Brick Road Casino
- New York State Fair
- Weekly grocery shopping
- Day trips, for example, Alexandria Bay, Adirondack Excursion (boat, train, bus)
One bedroom with den
Deluxe two bedroom / two baths
• Living room
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Modern safety features in all bathrooms
• Spacious closets
• Wall-to-wall carpeting
• Individually controlled heating & air conditioning
• Basic cable TV / WIFI
• Emergency call system includes:
Emergency response system
Pull cords in bedrooms and baths
Morning check-in system
Everything you need and more
• Elegant full-service dining room
• Private dining room for special occasions and parties
• Beautiful lounges
• Spectacular courtyard
• Scenic walking path
• Private mailboxes
• Social center / meeting room
• Movie room
• Fitness center
• Wellness program
• Recreation and social activities
• Parking for residents (valet parking is available for residents in inclement weather)
• Laundry lounges equipped with complimentary washers and dryers
• Back-up generator for the entire building
From formal dinners to a casual trip to the cafe.
Our formal meals include evening dinners or Sunday brunch in our formal dining room. Our casual lunches are served regularly in our courtyard cafe. Please see our seasonal menu below, to get an idea of our delicious formal and casual dining options.
Have a friend or family member who would like to join you for dinner? You can order ahead and they can join you for a delicious kosher dinner – talk to your catering staff to learn more!
Admissions / Application
Want to be part of our community? Request your application!
The Oaks is an independent retirement community that is a part of the Menorah Park Campus. We have one-bedroom, one-bedroom with den, and two-bedroom apartments – some are even available a la carte. Residents at The Oaks are active seniors that enjoy the convenience of having services like meals and housekeeping available to them.
All new residents are invited to meet with one of our campus nurses prior to admission to have a pre-admission discussion outlining basic health issues. The purpose of this discussion is to give us appropriate information that we can pass along in the event of a health-related emergency as well as to confirm that our new resident is safely able to maintain an independent lifestyle.
Prior to admission we require a prospective resident to complete an application for residency. You can request a copy of our application from this site. As a part of a continuing care community this information will be helpful in the event of a change of status and / or residency within our campus.
Request application form