About The Oaks
Quiet, affordable senior housing
The Oaks at Menorah Park – offering independent living in a comfortable, secure setting.
Affordable, spacious senior apartments are set on beautifully landscaped grounds, where you’ll find superior services – including scheduled transportation and stimulating activities. If you’re an active adult who cherishes privacy and independence, The Oaks is the place for you.
Oaks senior housing residents have the reassurance of knowing that their needs can be met on our continuum-of-care campus. If you experience a change in health status, the clinical care team at Menorah Park is available to assist you and your family in transitioning to a more appropriate level of care, without having to leave campus.
Call (315) 449-3309, ext. 103 for more information or to schedule a private tour.
How We're Addressing COVID
Since the beginning of this pandemic, we have made our residents’, families’, and staffs’ health and safety, our top priority. While independent living facilities are not required to adhere to the same guidelines that assisted living and skilled nursing must follow, here are some of the ongoing measures we’ve instated to prevent COVID cases at The Oaks:
- Screening ALL visitors for signs and symptoms and taking temperatures
- Hand sanitizer located throughout the commons area
- Masks are required at ALL TIMES by unvaccinated staff and residents in the common areas
At the Oaks
• Dinner daily (Mon-Sat) with choice of menu – residents can choose to eat in our dining room or in their apartments
• Sunday brunch
• Continental breakfast daily
• All utilities, including cable TV and WiFi
• Emergency pull-cords in each apartment for 24-hour peace of mind
• Multi-purpose rooms for socially distanced games, crafts, and lectures
• Monthly housekeeping
• Full kitchens
• Socially-distanced social hours
• Valet parking
• Snow and ice removal
• 24-hour building security
• Building and grounds maintenance
• Weekly transportation to grocery stores
• Scheduled transportation to shopping and appointments
Additional services available to residents
• Beauty salon/barbershop
• Lunch daily in Court Yard Café, with options available from The Bistro
• Pharmacy delivery
• Check cashing services
• Dry cleaning pickup and delivery
• Personal laundry service
• Additional housekeeping
• Transport to medical appointments ($5 within a 10-mile radius)
• Handyman services
Zenobia Rush, Guest Services
Zenobia is one of our Guest Service Workers and has been at the Oaks for over 17 years. Although she started in Dietary, she was quickly hired into her current position. Her main responsibilities include cleaning and driving.
Zenobia’s favorite aspect of her job is talking to the residents and sharing a laugh.
Zenobia and her husband Johnny have been married for 38 years and have 5 children and 5 grandchildren.
In her spare time, Zenobia and her husband love to go fishing and their favorite spot is Black Lake, near Alexandria Bay. She also enjoys creating her own patterns for crocheting afghans. When the weather is nice, she loves to garden outside.
Thank you, Zenobia, for all your hard work!
(profile by Kara Hughes, Activities Coordinator, The Oaks)
In-house activities & entertainment
It can be a challenge to balance safety with the benefits of engagement and activity. That’s why our dedicated activities team produces stimulating programming with our residents’ safety and well-being, top of mind. These include:
- Lectures on current events, local history, art, music, etc.
- Brain Games and trivia
- Exercise: chair yoga, Tai Chi, Zumba, strength & balance, movement- to music class and walking club
- Monthly visit by DeWitt Library
- Monthly themed luncheons & dinners
- A weekly social hour before dinner
- Nightly movies
- Resident birthday parties
- Wii game system
- Resident book club
- Resident council meetings
- Monthly nutrition talks
- Resident knitting club
Why Live Here?
Learn more from our residents
Why choose The Oaks? Hear directly from the people who call The Oaks their home.
Resident Karen K.:
“A wonderful place. Very nice apartments, some with a den with a super large closet I call my ”basement” for extra clothes, shoes, books, et.al. Breakfast, and dinner are served from a marvelous kitchen filled with choices of 3-4 mains, veggies, salads & dessert (super chocolate chip cookies plus more)! Portions are just the right size.
Many exercise and memory programs daily, and films in the evening. No extra charges. Staff is all very well educated in care-taking of the elderly who want to be as active as possible. They are truly caring people.
The staff, from the Director to the maintenance team, listen to the residents and respond to their needs and requests with patience and skill.”
Unit 231, is an affordable, two-bedroom, two-bath apartment offering plenty of light and the flexibility to make this space your own. Call Patricia at 315-449-3309, ext. 103 for pricing and a private tour.
One bedroom with den
Deluxe two bedroom / two baths
• Living room
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Modern safety features in all bathrooms
• Spacious closets
• Wall-to-wall carpeting
• Individually controlled heating & air conditioning
• Basic cable TV / WIFI
• Emergency call system includes:
Emergency response system
Pull cords in bedrooms and baths
Morning check-in system
Everything you need and more
• Elegant full-service dining room
• Private dining room for special occasions and parties
• Beautiful lounges
• Spectacular courtyard
• Scenic walking path
• Private mailboxes
• Social center / meeting room
• Movie room
• Fitness center
• Wellness program
• Recreation and social activities
• Parking for residents (valet parking is available for residents in inclement weather)
• Laundry lounges equipped with complimentary washers and dryers
• Back-up generator for the entire building
From formal dinners to a casual trip to the cafe.
Exceptionally delicious kosher cuisine is served every evening for dinner and Sunday brunch. Residents can choose to eat in our formal dining room or the privacy of their apartments . Lunch is served daily in our Courtyard Cafe. Please see our seasonal menu below, to get an idea of our formal and casual dining options.
Consider The Oaks for your next stage of life
The Oaks is an independent retirement community located on the beautiful Menorah Park Campus. We have one-bedroom, one-bedroom with den, and two-bedroom apartments – some are even available a la carte. Residents at The Oaks are active seniors that enjoy the convenience of having services like meals and housekeeping available to them.