The Oaks: Independent Senior Living In Central New York
Quiet, affordable senior housing
When you’re looking for a senior living facility in Central New York, you want something that has a beautiful campus, spacious rooms, and a plentiful amount of activities. On top of all of that, it should be affordable and include all the amenities and transportation services you could need. Your active lifestyle should be encouraged, never stifled, which is why you need a facility like the one at The Oaks. All of our senior housing residents are assured that as they age, our clinical review team will assist them with any transitions they may need to make. They also know that, should they experience any kind of change to their current medical condition, the clinical team on standby at Menorah Park of CNY will be right there to assist them in every way they can.
Call 315. 449.3309, ext. 103 for more information or to schedule a private tour.
How We're Addressing COVID-19
With something as unprecedented as the pandemic, we’ve gone to extra lengths to make sure that our residents’ and staff members’ safety is the top priority. We understand that independent senior living facilities do not have a uniform set of requirements in place to protect their staff and residents, but here’s what we’ve been doing to keep everyone on our campus safe as we weather COVID-19:
- Hand sanitizer is located throughout the commons area.
- Masks are required at all times by unvaccinated staff and residents in the common areas.
Screening every visitor for signs and symptoms and taking temperatures
Amenities, Staffing and Services
At the Oaks
At The Oaks, our staff is dedicated to supporting your quality of life, and that means working with you every step of the way as you transition to our facilities. From our clinical team to our day-to-day care professionals, you’ll always be taken care of. We also have an expansive list of amenities and services we offer to all our residents including:
- Full-service kitchens and dinner daily (Monday – Saturday) with choice of menu, catering, lunch, weekend brunch, and continental breakfast
- Valet parking and all utilities, including cable TV and WiFi
- Building and grounds maintenance and handyman services
- Weekly transportation to grocery stores, scheduled transportation to shopping, and appointments and transport to medical appointments ($5 within a 10-mile radius)
- Pharmacy delivery
- Emergency pull-cords in each apartment for constant peace of mind and 24-hour building security
- Multi-purpose rooms for socially distanced games, crafts, lectures, and a beauty salon/barbershop
- Monthly housekeeping, dry cleaning, and personal laundry service
We also offer a host of activities designed to help you maintain your active lifestyle while encouraging an exciting social life:
- A weekly social hour before dinner
- Brain Games and trivia
- Exercise opportunities like chair yoga, Tai Chi, Zumba, strength, balance, movement- to music classes, and walking club
- Lectures on current events, local history, art, music, etc.
- Monthly nutrition talks, themed luncheons & dinners, and visits by DeWitt library
- Nightly movies
- Resident birthday parties, book clubs, council meetings, and knitting clubs
- Wii game system
March 2023 Activities Calendar
Zenobia Rush, Guest Services
Zenobia is one of our Guest Service Workers and has been at the Oaks for over 17 years. Although she started in Dietary, she was quickly hired into her current position. Her main responsibilities include cleaning and driving.
Zenobia’s favorite aspect of her job is talking to the residents and sharing a laugh.
Zenobia and her husband Johnny have been married for 38 years and have 5 children and 5 grandchildren.
In her spare time, Zenobia and her husband love to go fishing and their favorite spot is Black Lake, near Alexandria Bay. She also enjoys creating her own patterns for crocheting afghans. When the weather is nice, she loves to garden outside.
Thank you, Zenobia, for all your hard work!
Why Live Here?
Learn more from our residents
Why choose The Oaks? Hear directly from the people who call The Oaks their home.
Resident Karen K.:
“A wonderful place. Very nice apartments, some with a den with a super large closet I call my ”basement” for extra clothes, shoes, books, et.al. Breakfast, and dinner are served from a marvelous kitchen filled with choices of 3-4 mains, veggies, salads & dessert (super chocolate chip cookies plus more)! Portions are just the right size.
Many exercise and memory programs daily, and films in the evening. No extra charges. Staff is all very well educated in care-taking of the elderly who want to be as active as possible. They are truly caring people.
The staff, from the Director to the maintenance team, listen to the residents and respond to their needs and requests with patience and skill.”
Unit 231 is an affordable, two-bedroom, two-bath apartment offering plenty of light and the flexibility to make this space your own. Call Patricia at 315.449.3309, ext. 103 for pricing and a private tour.
One bedroom with den
Deluxe two bedroom / two baths
• Living room
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Modern safety features in all bathrooms
• Spacious closets
• Wall-to-wall carpeting
• Individually controlled heating & air conditioning
• Basic cable TV / WIFI
• Emergency call system includes:
Emergency response system
Pull cords in bedrooms and baths
Morning check-in system
Community and Housing Amenities
Everything you need and more
Our apartments are equipped with a spacious living area, an easy-to-use dining space, designed for convenience, and a comfortable bedroom conveniently located next to the first bathroom. They also come with an impressive lineup of amenities:
- Basic cable TV / WiFi
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Individually controlled heating & air conditioning
- Modern safety features in all bathrooms and emergency call system
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
There are also several amenities and services we offer to our community members:
- Back-up generator for the entire building
- Elegant full-service dining room
- Fitness center
- Laundry lounges equipped with complimentary washers and dryers
- Movie room
- Private mailboxes
- Scenic walking path
- Wellness program
From formal dinners to a casual trip to the cafe.
Exceptionally delicious kosher cuisine is served every evening for dinner and Sunday brunch. Residents can choose to eat in our formal dining room or the privacy of their apartments . Lunch is served daily in our Courtyard Cafe. Please see our seasonal menu below, to get an idea of our formal and casual dining options.
See a sample of our menu here.
Contact Menorah Park of CNY to Learn More about The Oaks
Whether you’re just starting to look for a high-quality senior living facility or ready to make some changes to your current living situation, The Oaks at Menorah Park of CNY is the perfect choice for active individuals. Contact us today for more information about independent senior living opportunities in Central New York.