Eating, Recreation, Learning
Center for Healthy Living
The Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Foundation Center for Healthy Living at Menorah Park places a high value on the integration of mind, body and spirit to achieve health and wellness. These new approaches to wellness look beyond medical concerns to integrate seven dimensions of well-being: physical, social, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, vocational and environmental. To this end, the Center for Healthy Living will be intergenerational, engaging Menorah Park residents, families, including children, staff and the community.
Central to the Center for Healthy Living is a major renovation to Menorah Park’s building containing The Inn assisted living and the Jewish Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. The new space was dedicated as the Abraham Shankman Wellness Pavilion.
The Shankman Pavilion houses the following facilities that enhance quality of life, wellness and independence.
• The Jim & Arlene Gerber Bistro
• Jeffrey Solomon and Solomon Family Technology & Training Center
• The Anne & Hy Miller Theatre
• Fox’s Den Sports Bar
• The Dr. Irving & Dorothy Goldman Piano Lounge
• Sephardic Home for the Aged Foundation Arts & Minds Community Room
• Life-long learning programming
The Jim & Arlene Gerber Bistro
The next time you’re out, do more than eat… MEET! at the Jim & Arlene Gerber Bistro. In the Abraham Shankman Wellness Pavilion at Menorah Park, the Bistro makes healthy eating convenient for you and your loved ones! The Bistro offers a sumptuous menu of healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner favorites – all kosher!
Family, food, and wellness. It’s on the menu at the Jim & Arlene Gerber Bistro!
Call 315 -446-9111 x116 to order pickup.
- Breakfast: 8 am–10 am
- Lunch 11 am–2 pm
- Dinner 4 pm – 6:30 pm
- Breakfast 8–10 am
- Lunch 11 am–2 pm
- No Dinner Friday Evenings
Catering by The Oaks
Offering the only Kosher fine dining in Central New York. Our executive chef, Keith LeBlanc, has developed delicious kosher menus for your family or your special event!
Kosher dinner to go!
Give us a call at Catering: 315-446-9111 x255, or The Bistro: 315-446-3309 x116, any weekday between 9 am and 2 pm. You can pay by credit card when you order, or cash/credit card/check when you pick up your dinner between 5 and 6 pm at The Oaks.
Our team of culinary experts can help bring exceptional taste and presentation to any event. Email or call 315-446-9111, x255 with your vision and we’ll handle the rest!
Residential and Adult Day Healthcare Opportunities
Beit Tikvah Group Residence
Beit Tikvah is a home for four young women with developmental disabilities. The home provides these women with the opportunity to increase their independence in an individualized setting. The women work on residential habilitation goals developed to meet their specific developmental, physical and emotional needs. They achieve success with the support of trained direct care staff that provide 24/7 supervision. The group residence strives to maintain community inclusion as an integral part of programming, making the individuals of Beit Tikvah familiar faces in the Jewish community, and the community at large. Beit Tikvah ensures that Jewish holidays and traditions are celebrated, enriching the lives of these young women and the guests that they welcome in their home.
For more information contact
Ahavath Achim Apartments
These are moderately priced apartments that provide security, amenities and services for independent adults. Coupled with social opportunities and companionship, these apartments provide a safe and pleasant environment for adults seeking affordable living.
• The Ahavath Achim Apartments offer an affordable, safe and pleasant environment for adults desiring moderately-priced independent living.
• The 10 single-bedroom apartments have their own kitchenettes and bathrooms specially designed with safety features. Their location within the Jewish Health and Rehabilitation Center gives the feeling of a neighborhood.
• Emergency pull cords in bed and bathrooms are linked to nearby Jewish Healthand Rehabilitation Center health care professionals and a daily “Check In” system is in place.
• Carpeted, unfurnished single apartments with cable access (service is extra) and large appliances
• All utilities included except phone and cable TV
• Weekly housekeeping
• Reserved parking
• Separate complimentary laundry
Residents may take advantage of the Jewish Health and Rehabilitation Center’s full range of recreational, cultural and spiritual life. Often, Ahavath Achim residents like to get together for a special luncheon or tea, compete at bingo, or celebrate a special occasion or holiday.
• Planned recreational activities
• Weekly courtesy rides to Wegmans (Wednesdays)
• Outings in the community
• Outdoor walking path
• Screened porches
• 24-hour security
• Emergency call system
• Scheduled transportation and social outings.
• Maintenance services
• Option to purchase meals from Jewish Health and Rehabilitation Center.
For more information about joining the neighborhood at the Ahavath Achim Apartments, call
Rothschild Adult Day Care
Due to the ongoing pandemic, our adult day program remains closed. Registrants and the community will be notified when we re-open.
Rothschild Adult Day Care is a medical-model daycare program serving adults with health care needs, including medical management, therapies, education, support, activities, and social work. Efforts extend beyond the senior community and across cultural, physical, and mental barriers to create a positive atmosphere where everyone can achieve daily living skills.
• Skilled nursing coordinated with primary care physician.
• Physical, occupational and speech rehabilitation therapies.
• Social work and case management, including counseling, advocacy, home visitations and liaison with family.
• Therapeutic activities, such as exercise, discussion groups, cooking, films, trips, guest speakers, creative crafts and music.
• Assistance with personal hygiene and grooming.
• Nutrition, e.g. nutritional assessment and monitoring, therapeutic diets designed on an individual basis, and morning/afternoon snack and hot lunch served daily.
Rothschild professionals believe that through coordinated services such as those offered by this program, daily living skills and quality of life issues will improve. The aim of the program is to challenge and provide opportunities that will maintain and improve levels of both physical and emotional functioning which in turn leads to living a more productive and fulfilling life in the community.
• Rothschild clients can attain and maintain adequate health that enables them to cope with living in the community.
• Individuals recently discharged from a hospital or other health care facility are offered supportive services and follow-up.
• People who have had an accident, stroke, or permanent or temporary disability are provided with both rehabilitation therapy and retraining in daily living skills.
We are open Monday through Friday, and Sunday. For more information call 315-446-9111, x 137 or x 128
Social Services And Research
Syracuse Jewish Family Service (SJFS)
Under the Menorah Park umbrella, our SJFS team of caring professionals provides human services that include counseling and mental health services, care management, advocacy, volunteering, outreach and educational programming.
As the human services arm of the Jewish community, SJFS is dedicated to holistic, preventive, wellness-oriented integration of social and human services offered without regard to race or creed to all residents of Central New York. Syracuse Jewish Family Service helps individuals and families in the Jewish and general communities maximize their self-determination, realize their potential and live with dignity. They are guided by the Jewish values of community, family, respect, and autonomy, and promotes these values through programs that preserve and strengthen individual and family well-being.
What They Do
SJFS is the area’s go-to agency for broad expertise on issues of aging, which they define as “a developmental process starting at birth.” Their team of caring professionals serves children, adults, older adults, families, groups, other professionals, and the community at large with their services, coordination of care, and education and training. Their clinical and case management team, backed up by the long-term and home-based nursing and housing capacities of Menorah Park, provides holistic, integrated human services featuring counseling and mental health services, care management, brain health programming, advocacy, volunteering, outreach, and educational programming for the Jewish and general public, aging services and health care professionals. SJFS also offers clinical internships, research, and field work opportunities through accredited local programs, and they are the local agency in charge of Kosher Meals on Wheels.
For full details, visit the Syracuse Jewish Family Service website here.
Rodney and Marjorie Fink Institute at Menorah Park for Applied Research on Aging (IMPARA)
The Menorah Park Auxiliary
The Auxiliary contributes to the lives of all who reside at Menorah Park. It supports the games for the residents, the gift shop, the beauty salon and has given major donations for hospital beds, transportation, furniture and more. All are invited to join!
For more information or to learn how you can become an Auxiliary member please contact:
Help Create A Better Day for You and Others!
Become a volunteer at Menorah Park of CNY and make a positive difference in the lives of others while creating self-fulfillment.
Bring your unique gifts and talents to our community of caring and compassion. Your time, your energy and your smile will help create a better day for someone, and for you, too.
Whether you have several hours each month or want a regular weekly assignment, we have numerous and diverse volunteer opportunities to fit your schedule and desires.
For more information call Deborah Ellis at 315-446-9111 x256 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraising and How to Donate
The Foundation at Menorah Park is a source of funding for programs and services that benefit the residents on our campus. In addition to the satisfaction received from supporting the elderly in our community, donors to the Foundation are eligible for income tax deductions and other tax incentives that exist under federal and state laws.
Foundation Board of Directors
Warren Wolfson, President
Supporting Menorah Park
Gifts of any magnitude are always gratefully accepted. After submitting this form, you will be taken to the safe and secure PayPal page, where you can pay via your PayPal account or credit card.donate online
Or you can mail your donation to:
The Foundation at Menorah Park
4101 E Genesee St
Syracuse, NY 13214