Update: September 11
We are now into our second full week of using the new system to book visits with loved ones at both the Jewish Home and The Inn. Overall, families have been able to successfully create accounts and start booking visits.
However, there continue to be some tech support issues. If you are experiencing trouble logging in or scheduling an appointment, please send a brief description of what you are experiencing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember, the links to the online scheduling application are not on our website. They are being provided to the primary contact for each resident. It is expected that families will share the links and decide amongst themselves how to rotate the visits. The online application allows families to look for available time slots. We recommend that you check the site daily to see if a time slot has opened up.
If you have been unable to see a loved one for over two weeks, please contact the front desk at 110 and give them your name, number, and loved one’s name, and we will help facilitate a visit.
To be fair to our resident population, each resident is currently allowed a maximum of one visit per week. This means within 7 day days – regardless of where those days fall – so if you and another family member are scheduling visits within that 7 day period, one will have to be canceled. We cannot accommodate multiple family members within 7 days to visit 1 resident.
Non Family Visits
We are receiving calls from families and residents requesting a time to see residents for financial and legal planning. These are not considered family visits but official business. Please coordinate with your administrator to set up a time to meet with your loved one. The front desk, SJFS, Molly and Mark are not handling these requests.
We are proud of the fact that unlike many nursing homes in our region, we are capable of accommodating our residents’ and families’ need to have a face-to-face visit. While the majority of families have been adhering to our visit guidelines, some have not. It cannot be stressed enough that by not complying with our guidelines, you not only put the health and well-being of our residents and staff in jeopardy, but you also risk having ALL VISITS suspended until further notice.
- Residents can only have 1 visit per week
- Up to 2 family members may visit at a time – any more than that is in direct violation of NYSDOH regulations about the amount of visitors we can have at our facility at any one time. Disregarding this puts ALL RESIDENTS in jeopardy of suspending these visits.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
- Visitors MUST COME TO THE MAIN ENTRANCE to complete screening information before their visit – This is also required by the NYSDOH. If these are not completed accurately by ALL VISITORS, we will suspend visitation privileges.
- Visitors and residents will be required to wear masks at all times and maintain social distancing If this is not adhered to, the visit will be terminated.
If you are unable to schedule an in-person visit during the week, SJFS will continue to work with you to assist with video chats or phone calls TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILITIES with priority being given to families who live out-of-town.
Please contact your assigned SJFS staff person; if you do not have an assignment, you may contact Ellen Somers, Asst. Director at email@example.com