Update: September 24
STARTING THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 24TH , PER NYDSOH GUIDELINES, ALL VISITORS TO THE JEWISH HOME/TERRACE MUST BE ABLE TO PROVIDE A VERIFIED NEGATIVE COVID TEST RESULT WITHIN THE WEEK (7 DAYS) OF THEIR SCHEDULED VISIT.
NYSDOH Update Regarding Visits
While the requirements have changed, the visit format has not.
- Visitors may ONLY enter the front entrance to sign in and complete screening information and exit to wait outside for visit
- Visitors CANNOT sit in our lobby
- Visitors CANNOT walk through the facility, wait in common areas or enter residents’ rooms
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Visitors must maintain a safe social distance and wear a mask AT ALL TIMES.
- The negative COVID test results will be required AT EVERY VISIT.
NOTE: Residents reserve the right to cancel or refuse a visit from family. While we encourage residents to the extent that we can, we must honor their request.
Canceling Your Visit
If you realize that you cannot make the visit, please go online as soon as possible and cancel your appointment.
If you must cancel on the day of your appointment because you have not received your test results (or for any other reason), please notify the front desk at (315) 446-9111, x110 so this information can be provided to the staff facilitating the visit.
In the case of new COVID Cases
If a new COVID case were to occur in either The Inn or the Jewish Home, we would be forced to cancel all visits until we had at least the 14-day waiting period with no new onset of COVID cases.
COVID Testing Resources
Here are some testing options in Onondaga County. Each location is different, so call ahead to see if you need an appointment and if testing at that location is no cost to you.
- Visit https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/find-test-site-near-youfor testing sites in your area.
- Syracuse Community Health Center, 819 South Salina Street, Syracuse. Visit https://covid19.ongov.net/ and scroll to “COVID-19 Testing” for more information
- Drive -Up Test.: https://myquest.questdiagnostics.com/web/mycovid19test
- Well Now Urgent Care: https://wellnow.com/covid-19/
- Drive Thru: 800 East Water Street – 315.464.2778, option 0 – Results within 24-48 hours.
We continue to encourage our families to use the online application to schedule family visits. This link to the online scheduling application is not on our website. It is being provided to the primary contact for each resident. We cannot give out primary contact information or link access without permission. It is expected that families will share the links and decide amongst themselves how to rotate the visits.
Questions Regarding Resident Care
If you have a clinical question regarding the care of your loved one, please contact your nurse manager.
For non-clinical questions and concerns, please contact your assigned caseworker.
The team is as follows:
- 1st Floor/Terrace
(315) 446-9111, x125
- 2nd Floor
(315) 446-9111, x118
- Short Term Rehab
(315) 446-9111., x124