Updates: August 20
Thank you for your patience as we continue to fine-tune our new process for in-person visits with between residents and their families.
We are feverishly working on getting the online scheduling application live by the end of next week.
In the interim, please continue to call our front desk between the hours of 12 – 1:00 PM and 6 – 7:00 PM at (315) 446-9111 ext. 110 to schedule your visit with loved ones.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to Dept. of Health guidelines, we are limited in the number of daily visitors that we can allow. As a result, we can only accommodate visits for fewer than half of our residents each week. If you had a visit with your loved one last week, please wait until this Saturday before trying to schedule a visit for this coming week. This will give residents who were unable to visit last week the opportunity to get the first priority for next week. We realize this may be very difficult for families but we want to be equitable in how visits are conducted. We reserve the right to cancel visits if we feel that some residents/families have been unable to visit while other families have enjoyed more frequent visits.
10 – 10:30
10:45 – 11:15
2:15pm – 2:45pm
3:15pm – 3:45pm
4:00pm – 4:30pm
4:45pm – 5:15pm
Monday through Friday; Sunday – NO SATURDAYS
No indoor visits are allowed at this time except in the event of inclement weather.
- For JH residents of the 1st and 2nd floor, visits will take place outdoors in the front of the building (directly in front of the Veranda);
- For JH residents on the Terrace, visits will continue to take place outdoors at the Terrace patio (the resident will be brought onto the patio; the family will walk around the outside of the building and remain on the outside of the Terrace patio fence.)
Per NYS Dept. of Health guidelines, the only time that visits may occur indoors is for inclement weather and under these circumstances, visits must take place in a designated, well-ventilated, indoor space.
- If it is raining or there is a heat advisory, visits for the 1st and 2nd floor will take place in the Adult Day Program room (which can be accessed by driving around the building and entering through the Adult Day Program door).
- In the event of inclement weather, visits for the Terrace may take place in the Adult Day Program room if it is determined that the resident can safely participate in the visit (e.g. will be able to follow instructions to social distance and can participate without significant distress/agitation.) If we do not feel comfortable taking the resident off the unit for the visit, we will have to reschedule it for another time.
It is important that the primary contact is responsible for ensuring that all family members are aware of the guidelines. Please help us keep our residents and staff healthy!!
- Maximum of two visitors allowed at a single visit
- Maximum of one visit per week per resident
- As there is only one visit per week per resident, please coordinate all family/friends’ visits with the person designated as the primary contact for the resident (e.g. to determine which family members/friends will visit when).
- At each visit (whether your visit is indoors due to inclement weather, or outdoors), please arrive 5-10 minutes ahead of the scheduled time to first check in at the Menorah Park Front Desk to carry out the NYS DOH-mandated screening. This MUST occur prior to the visit starting.
- You must wear a mask over nose and mouth at all times during the visit and remain at a 6’ distance—unfortunately, this applies even if the resident cannot hear you or has difficulty recognizing you. This is a NYS DOH requirement and families who cannot follow this guideline endanger the health of our residents and staff, our ability to offer these visits going forward, and can be prohibited from future visits.
- You cannot visit if you have recently traveled to or come from a state that is on the NYS quarantine list unless you have met the requirement for self-quarantining for 14 days (see here: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory )
We cannot accommodate everyone for an in-person visit each week. The staff at Syracuse Jewish Family Service will continue to offer facilitated video chats (or phone calls) between residents and family members as able. If you would like to schedule a remote visit, please reach out to your assigned SJFS staff person. If you do not have an assigned staff person, please contact Ellen Somers, Asst. Director, at (315) 446-9111 ext. 225 or by email
Inn Family Visits
Family members of Inn residents should continue to schedule their visits through Matt LeFever, Inn Director, at 446-9111, ext. 180. Please call between 2 and 4 PM.
10 AM, 11 AM, 2 PM and 3:30 PM
Visits will take place outside of the patio at The Inn. In case of rain or extreme heat, visits will be held in the auditorium (Adult Day Program room) which is accessible by driving around the building to the back parking lot by the green striped awning.