Updates: July 15
|Menorah Park COVID-19 Status – Updated July 15, 2020||Status|
|JH Residents ONSITE testing positive for COVID-19 and moved to dedicated COVID unit||0|
|JH Residents tested positive for COVID-19 and transferred to outside facilities||0|
|JH Residents ONSITE RECOVERED and transferred off of the dedicated COVID-19 unit||9|
|JH Residents RECOVERED and transferred back from outside facilities (as of 5/29)||11|
|Number of nursing units impacted||0|
|JH Residents ONSITE under investigation for COVID-19 symptoms||0|
|Resident deaths ONSITE due to COVID-19||9|
|Resident deaths at outside facilities after testing positive for COVID-19||5|
|JH/Inn staff members ONSITE testing positive for COVID-19||0|
|JH staff members positive for COVID-19, SELF-QUARANTINED||2|
|Total # of resident positive COVID 19 cases (as of April 29)||34|
|Total # of staff positive COVID-19 cases ( as of May 1)||42|
At this time Menorah Park has no other confirmed cases of COVID-19 on our campus which includes the Terrace, the Inn, and the Oaks.
The Inn and the Jewish Home are in the process of submitting plans to the NYSDOH outlining our policies and procedures to safely host onsite visits. This plan is subject to NYSDOH’s approval before we can even begin to schedule times for families and their loved ones to meet.
Allowing visitation, which we understand is critical to our residents’ emotional and mental health, does increase the risk of spreading germs, infections, and viruses to residents, visitors, and our staff. We are taking the necessary time to put a solid, safe plan in place to prevent it.
All visits will take place outside, at a specified location, weather permitting. For inclement weather, we are still determining where we can safely host visits inside the building.
No visitors to the Jewish Home or The Inn are permitted to be in residents’ rooms or apartments. That has been our policy since we were required to close in March and that has not changed.
If a new COVID case were to occur in either The Inn or the Jewish Home, we would be forced to cancel all visitations until we had at least the 28-day waiting period with no new onset of COVID cases.
We will continue to update our families as we finalize our visitation process and guidelines.